Thursday, October 30, 2014

Tuesday, October 28: Queens, NY- Day Off!


This morning I walked over to Flushing to do some shopping. I had to pick up a couple of supplies at Home Depot for our props, and while I was in the area I also had lunch at the New World Shopping Center. The Asian shopping center has a supermarket, clothing stores, and a food court taking up the entire bottom floor of the plaza.
There were so many different food stands to try that I can tell I will be back several times during our stay in Queens.

I missed a fair amount of excitement at the circus while I was out and about in Flushing. While the crew was pounding the big top's stakes into the cement, they hit an underground power cable that started an electrical fire and melted the stake and the metal plate surrounding it.
Because of that there was no power for most of the afternoon. Luckily by the early evening we were able to reconnect and have electricity again.

It was a nice, sunny, warm afternoon, so I took the opportunity to clean off and repaint our vacuum prop, which was looking pretty shabby.
I also watched a horror film called, "Deadly Friend", for the "Scare-athon". "Deadly Friend" was directed by Wes Craven, best known for the "Nightmare on Elm Street" and "Scream" horror franchises.
After watching this movie, I understand why he's not also known for "Deadly Friend". It was neat to see that a robot in the movie was voiced by Charles Fleischer, who voiced the main character from my favorite film, "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". That's about it....

In the evening I caught the subway up to Harlem to have dinner at the house of my friends, Seth Bloom and Christina Gelsone, better known as the "Acrobuffos".
Eggroll was the other guest on hand (the three of them worked together on Big Apple), and we were treated to Seth's delicious cooking.
I had such a nice evening talking and laughing with my friends; I'm really happy that they invited me over for such a fun night.

Back at the lot I got to visit with our friend, Josh Shack, who just arrived this evening and is visiting NYC for a few days.

No comments: