Thursday, October 16, 2014

Wednesday, October 15: Bronx, NY- 7:30 p.m.


Today Ryan and I went to a German restaurant in Manhattan for lunch. We really weren't impressed with their menu; they didn't even have potato pancakes or spaetzle, for Pete's sake!
Maybe their dinner menu has more to offer, but I think the next time I want German food I'll be visiting another restaurant.

Ryan and I then walked further downtown to visit an art supply store. Ryan was looking for sign painting supplies, but he couldn't find the proper brushes.
He has called all over the city, but no one seems to carry sign painting brushes. We were both remarking how odd it was that he couldn't find something in New York City of all places.

Tonight's crowd was not as enthusiastic as Monday's, unfortunately. It was very humid in the tent, and they may have also been high off of the paint fumes in the seats. All of the floorboards in the stands were repainted during the day off, and you could definitely tell once you were up there.

Ryan and I watched the newest episode of "American Horror Story: Freak Show" this evening. He had recorded the program, but some bad weather interrupted the satellite signal over halfway through the broadcast.
Luckily the same episode was playing again, and we happened to tune in right around the point where we had left off. Is that serendipity or what?!

By the way, for those of you keeping track (two or so, I think), I forgot to mention a film I watched for my "Scare-athon". That would be "Planet Terror", an incredibly gory, intentionally ridiculous zombie film from Robert Rodriguez that was paired with another movie and shown in theaters as a double feature under the title "Grindhouse".
The movie is so much fun, as it is a tribute to cheesy 1970s era B-movies, but it is definitely not for the squeamish.

No comments: