Sunday, November 9, 2014

Friday, November 7: Queens, NY- 6:00 and 9:00 p.m.


This afternoon Ryan, his family, and I met our friends Rob, Jane, Seth and Christina for lunch at an amazing dim sum restaurant in Flushing.
The food was delicious, and the company was great: the recipe for a wonderful afternoon out.
We're planning on returning Monday for Ryan's birthday.

Before the shows tonight, many of the performers were needed for a television PR. "El Gordo Y La Flaca", the popular television show on UNIVISION that we appeared on in Miami, was broadcasting live from our circus.
Everyone was ready for the beginning of the show at 4:00 p.m., but Ryan and I weren't needed until the very last hit, at the very end of the hour long broadcast.
I was fine with the fact that we sat around the whole time, only to work for a minute; if I can be honest, I was feeling pretty lazy this afternoon!

Before our first show I went over to have tea at Georgie and Claire's trailer, and I got to meet Claire's parents, who have been visiting this week. I was happy to see that hating me doesn't run in Claire's family, or at least, her parents hid it much better than Claire does.

Whenever Eddie, our production manager, comes into the dressing room to give me and Ryan an information sheet about an upcoming PR, Carmelo always stands behind Eddie and does a happy dance, bouncing up and down on the balls of his feet and pumping his hands in the air with a ridiculous smile on his face.
Well, tonight Eddie came in during the second show and gave Carmelo a PR sheet for a television event tomorrow, so Ryan did the happy dance for him.

Karma is a fickle mistress, because just a few minutes later Eddie informed me that we would also be needed for the publicity. D'oh!

After the show there was a barbecue held backstage for Visan's birthday. I didn't stay for too long because it was very cold in the tent, and also because I have been staying out so late the past few nights.

No comments: