Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Sunday, November 16 & Monday, November 17: Queens, NY


11/16/14- 2:00, 5:00, and 8:00 p.m.

This morning Georgie invited me over for the dancers' Sunday breakfast. What a spread Georgie prepared! There were eggs, croissants, muffins, danish, fresh fruit, lox, and plenty of English tea.
I was so grateful that the dancers let me join them; it was great way to start the day.


Weekends in NYC are big business! The first two shows were full, and the third show had a big crowd as well.

Eddie asked us to move to a different position for the start of the vacuum gag so more people would be able to see us; the same kind of change we made for the opening of the water gag.

The first time we started in the new spot it was a bit awkward, and we were sorry that due to limited space we had to lose a bit that we had been doing.
The next show we came up with a better bit, and everything worked out well.

Claire treated me and Georgie to take out Chinese food between the last two shows. I really lucked out on my meals today!

Jan gave the motivational speech today, but for once I didn't need the inspiration to get through the third show.
I attribute the easiness of the day to the fantastic breakfast I had to start my day off right.

In the third water gag I was spitting water in Ryan's pants (how weird is that phrase?), but my form wasn't that great; there was a lot of sputtering and bursts of water instead of a nice, steady stream.
Ryan broke me up when he quipped, "Prostate problems?"


11/17/14- 7:30 p.m.

Early this afternoon I walked to Target to do a little grocery shopping. It was raining pretty steadily, so I had my umbrella handy.

On the walk back I was crossing the bridge from Flushing to Queens when a bus drove by, went right through a huge puddle, and sent a torrent of water directly onto me.
The worst part is that I had my mouth open. The next worst part is that no one was there to see that perfectly comedic moment.
I got drenched, I paused for comedic effect, and then I turned and did a spit take with the nasty street water in my mouth.
The third worst part is that the gutter water gave me Hepatitis A-Z.

Tania, one of the local girls working on concessions, came over to my house before work for a late lunch.
She brought some delicious Peruvian food called arroz de chaufa, which is fried rice with vegetables and meat. It was very tasty!

Our friends, Pat and Thom Stevenson, Jim Shores, and Carol Lang, came up from Baltimore to see our show tonight.
Afterwards they took us to dinner at Applebee's and gave us gifts on behalf of our Circus Fans of America tent. 
We are so lucky to have such an amazingly supportive group of friends.

No comments: