Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Monday, March 23: Corpus Christi, TX- 7:30 p.m.


Today was a beautiful day, and it was perfect weather for the surprise baby shower that Laura and Visan planned for Natalya Pompeyo.

Most of the cast met at Cole Park, which had picnic and barbecue areas, a playground for the kids, and a beautiful view of the water.


I felt a bit underdressed for the shower as I showed up in a bathing suit. It was my understanding that there was a beach at the park; however, there was just a rocky drop off into the water. I decided to pass on a potentially dangerous dip into the bay.



Natalya was surprised and happy, and everyone enjoyed the get together. We had great food and desserts, and Emma and Jo organized baby shower games for everyone to play.
The games ranged from the disgusting (taste and identify the melted chocolate in a diaper) to the ridiculously funny (teams of two with balloons under their shirts had to bump chests, pop the balloons, and yell, "My water just broke!")



I was so happy that we all got to enjoy a fun afternoon and gorgeous weather. It's just a shame we had to spoil it all by going to work!
(Thanks to Domink Lagroni for all of the photos.)

Luckily we only had one easy show tonight, and then Ryan and I loaded up our props and hit the road for our next town, Arlington, TX.
I had to wait awhile for Ryan to maneuver his way off the lot, but we finally got going around 11:00 p.m.

We drove 150 miles and planned to stay at a Flying J in San Antonio, but it proved to be one of the worst Flying Js we had ever visited.

First, their RV dump station was full, which the lady behind the counter neglected to tell me. Let me tell you all something, overflowing sewage is not something you want to deal with, least of all at 2 o'clock in the morning.

That would have been bad enough on its own, but to make matters worse for two weary drivers, this location didn't even have trailer parking. I always search out Flying J truck stops on our jumps because they are the most RV friendly (they almost always have dump stations and special parking spots for travel trailers), but this one only had semi parking.

Since it was already so late, all of the semi parking spots were taken, so we pressed on for another 18 miles or so and wound up at a Walmart.

By the time we stopped I was exhausted and my head was killing me, so I was greatly relieved to get into bed and call it a night.

No comments: