Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Saturday, March 21 & Sunday, March 22: Corpus Christi, TX


3/21/15- 6:00 and 9:00 p.m.

It rained all day. It was perfect weather for lying in bed and watching movies, which is exactly what I did.
The one drawback was that I had planned to have lunch at the House of Rock, which supposedly has great pizza, but the rain was coming down so hard that I didn't feel like leaving the trailer unless I absolutely had to.

We had another big crowd for the first show, and the size of the second audience wasn't bad for a 9:00 p.m. performance on a Saturday.

During the first vacuum gag Ryan and I had to stall in the seats for awhile because one of the rails used to guide Duo Exxtrem's tank of water into the ring came out of place.


3/22/15- 2:00, 5:00, and 8:00 p.m.

This morning I had breakfast with my clown/pirate friends, Tom and Christy. Tom and Christy both went to Clown College together in 1989, and now they both work on two different pirate cruises in Texas: Tom in Port Aransas, and Christy in South Padre Island.

All three of us enjoyed a delicious breakfast at the Atomic Omelette Cafe. (I got my eggs with extra atoms)

Tom and Christy stuck around to watch the first performance; I was glad Ryan and I got time to visit with them before and after the show.

Emma and Laura gave the third show motivational speech today. They split their listeners into two teams: Ryan, Jo, Grace, and Amy on one team, and me, Sammie, Hannah, and Claudie on another.
We then competed against each other in three team building contests.
The first contest was to see which team could successfully perform the four chairs trick the fastest.

The four chairs are pulled out from under the people, leaving them in this position.

I am happy to report that my team won the first round!
Sadly we got our butts handed to us for the next two contests. In one our group had to count to 10, with each player saying the next number. If two of us spoke at the same time, or if a number was repeated, we had to start over at 1. The first team to successfully count to 10 was the winner.
Our team kept getting caught up on that tricky number 6, so we lost the round.

The final contest was a game of charades. Each group was given an act from the show, and then we had to act it out for the other group. The group that guessed the act the fastest was the winner.
Ryan's group pantomimed the Russian Swing, while my group acted like the liberty horses.

The other group guessed ours as soon as we started, making them the winners.
I didn't understand why they should be rewarded for our masterful charade techniques, but maybe I'm just a sore loser!

The winning team was given a celebratory bag of popcorn, which they ate while pointing and laughing at us, the losers.
I was fairly motivated until that last part.

By the third show I was tired and loopy, so I was acting very wacky in our gags.

There was a potluck barbecue after the last show. I didn't find out about it until the first show today, so after work I had to run to HEB to pick up some meat for the grill.

I stayed for a little while, but I was pretty beat after our long day of performing, so I called it a night fairly early.


No comments: