Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Sunday, March 8: Laredo, TX- 2:00, 5:00, and 8:00 p.m.


This morning I didn't partake in my Sunday tradition of going out to breakfast before our three show day because I woke up very tired due to the hour of sleep I lost for Daylight Savings.
Instead I took the opportunity to sleep in and get some much needed rest, and then I made breakfast in my trailer.

It was also nasty outside, which made my decision to spend the morning at home much easier. It rained during the night, so the lot was really muddy once again.

When I was walking over to the tent to set props for the water gag, Memo and I were talking about the time change.
I mentioned how happy I was that we don't have early shows on this tour, and he told me that the original plan for Sundays this year was for the show schedule to be 12:00, 4:00, and 8:00 p.m. That means that we would have started the work day two hours earlier, had a two hour break between every show, and then finished at the same time that we did last year.
I'm reeeeeaaaaaaallly glad that they changed the Sunday schedule back to the normal one before our season started!

The gags in the first show were very sloppy for me. I guess my mind and body hadn't gotten into the groove yet.
Luckily we had a fantastic audience for the second show that helped me get back on track.

During the motorcycle act in the second show, Zheni's shoulder dislocated while she was doing her aerial routine from the bar attached to the bike.
Her shoulder was giving her problems last year, and she knew that there was a possibility that it would dislocate again.

Carmelo's wife, Karen, is going to learn the motorcycle act so Zheni can rest and heal her shoulder for the season.

Since there was no motorcycle in the third show, Ryan and I had a very fast paced first half. After opening we had one less act to get ready for the water gag, plus our already hectic quick change afterwards.
We were both pretty pooped by the end of the day.

The only other thing to report from today was that I gave the first motivational speech of the season.
I welcomed all of the new performers, and I told everyone that even though it was rainy and muddy, things could always be worse: we could be doing the originally planned Sunday show schedule.

No comments: