Thursday, March 19, 2015

Tuesday, March 17: Corpus Christi, TX- Travel Day


I'm so happy that we decided to get a good night's sleep in Laredo instead of trying to drive all the way to Corpus Christi after last night's show.

We left Laredo around 9:30 a.m., and it took us three hours to complete the 140 mile jump.

It took a long time for Nestor to begin parking us in our correct spots in the back yard, so I took the free time to walk around the surrounding area.
We played this lot with Kelly Miller a few years ago, and I am also familiar with the neighborhood from when Ryan and I played the arena with Ringling.

I spent the majority of my time walking along the waterfront and watching all the different birds bathing and eating fish in the Gulf of Mexico.

Finally around 8:30 p.m. Ryan and I were able to move our houses to be parked in the back yard.
I really had to do some tricky maneuvering to get my trailer into position, but luckily I had Adriano, the prop boss, guiding me as I backed up. Otherwise I never would have made it without crashing into something, as there were trailers, trucks, and people everywhere I looked.

By the time I had parked, unhooked my truck, and gotten my house in a semblance of order, I was starving.
Luckily the Brewster Street Ice House is right next door to the lot. I remember the Ice House fondly from the last time I was in Corpus with Kelly Miller.
My seafood dinner was delicious, and the restaurant was nice and quiet on a Tuesday night.

No comments: