Friday, April 10, 2015

Monday, April 6 & Tuesday, April 7


4/6/15- Arlington, TX- 7:30 p.m.

For lunch today I visited a Twisted Root Burger Company location much closer to the lot than the one I visited last week.
This time I tried the Sexy Hawaiian burger, which was topped with jalapeƱo jack cheese, teriyaki sauce, pineapple salsa, and prosciutto.
That made me a sexy South Carolinian eating a Sexy Hawaiian. Oooh yeah!

Nico came over to visit and play video games for a little bit this afternoon, and besides that I just prepared for load out.

We had a great crowd for our final show in Arlington. I wish they could have let Sunday's audiences borrow a little of their enthusiasm.
Toty and Andy, our local clown friends, watched the show with their family. Also visiting was Rodger, a former Ringling clown, who brought a couple of his friends as well.

Load out was a little nuts this town, because in addition to getting our props out of backstage, and our costumes out of the dressing room semi in a timely fashion, I was also trying to spend a little time with all of our friends who visited.

After getting our props packed away, I started getting my trailer ready for travel. One of the bunkhouses was in front of me, preventing me from leaving, but it was moved before too long, and I was able to get my trailer further out into the mall parking lot.
Ryan planned to do the same, but by 3 a.m. the bunkhouse in front of him was still blocking his exit, so he finally went to bed.


4/7/15- Travel Day to San Antonio, TX

Ryan and I had hoped to leave for San Antonio around 9 a.m., but he was still blocked by a bunk house.
Finally it was moved, and we were able to depart about an hour and a half behind our planned schedule.

Luckily it was an easy 288 mile drive to San Antonio. It was overcast and not too hot, which was great for our tires.
We only stopped one time at a Flying J to get fuel and take advantage of their trailer services.

I had my laptop in the passenger seat so I could listen to episodes of The Simpsons and Family Guy as I drove; it really helped to keep me entertained as we rolled down the road.
I'm going to buy a power adaptor for my truck so I can keep my laptop's battery charged on the longer trips coming up.

We got to the South Park Mall south of downtown San Antonio around 4:30 p.m. We were thrilled that the mall in San Antonio is far superior to the one we spent two weeks beside in Arlington. This one actually has stores and restaurants inside, and there is plenty of stuff around the lot as well.

When I exited my truck and walked over to my trailer's door, I heard a loud hissing noise. After quickly establishing that an angry snake wasn't at my feet, I checked my trailer tires.
Much to my dismay, I discovered a nail sticking out of my rear passenger side trailer tire.

I borrowed Ryan's jack, and I was able to get a spare on my house in no time. Luckily we are right between two businesses that should have no problem plugging the hole in my tire.

I spent my evening relaxing at home and catching up on my rental movies from Netflix.

No comments: