Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Sunday, April 12 & Monday, April 13: San Antonio, TX

4/12/15- 2:00, 5:00, and 8:00 p.m.

This morning I went to Panera Bread to have a little breakfast-y goodness before our three shows.
While I was sitting sipping my coffee, I overheard a little girl at the next table tell her mom, "No one knows I'm crying except for God."

For some reason the family left the restaurant soon after I turned to them and said, "I know too....."
Whatever, people are weird!

Today was a humid, hot, sweaty day. It was pretty miserable inside the tent for the first two shows. During the first water gag an old lady in the audience looked like she wanted to stab me when I tried to take away the piece of cardboard she was using to fan herself.
I was simply going to take it and fan her myself, but she didn't take kindly to my spur of the moment stroke of comedic genius.

Between the final two shows I stepped over next door to Freddy's Steakburgers to get a cup of custard so I could cool down and sugar up before our final performance.

Ryan gave the third show motivational speech. That plus my treat, the fact that the tent had cooled down considerably, and a fantastic third audience made the last performance a breeze.

To be honest, the first two audiences weren't bad at all considering it was Sunday afternoon and extremely humid, but I had a tough time getting through the shows. Thank goodness I got my second wind by the end of the day.

4/13/15- 7:30 p.m.

Today I took my punctured tire over to the Sears Auto Center right next to the trailers. They took all day to tell me they couldn't patch the hole made by the nail I drove over. They didn't even call me, despite the fact that I gave them my number.
I finally went over after four hours since it was getting close to their closing time and I wanted to know what was going on.
Note to self: Never go to Sears Auto Center again.

Our friends, Pam and Alberto Ramirez, came to visit tonight with their children. Pam and Alberto were both clowns on Ringling at different times, and they also worked together in an Alley after they were married.
They brought a dozen donuts from Shipley's, and said that they were chock full of all the good stuff that clowns need!

The circus band played all of our music for the water gag tonight, and it went very well. We had a rehearsal before the show, but all of the cues and transitions for that act are very easy, so it was brief.

Now hopefully we can get them playing the music for the carpenter and vacuum gags soon!

Ryan and I had a wacky vacuum gag in the show tonight. We managed to "break" two chairs; they came completely off the bleachers when we bumped into them.
I picked up one seat and addressed the crowd (who I'm sure didn't understand a word of what I was saying), "They just don't make circuses like they used to!"

Ryan and I also worked in an impromptu running gag where we made it seem like an usherette that we had to squeeze by in the audience was grabbing our butts every time we passed.

After the show Ryan, his family, and I joined the Ramirez family for dinner at Mama Margie's, the 24 hour Mexican restaurant across the street from the lot.

No comments: