Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Sunday, April 26 & Monday, April 27: Phoenix, AZ


4/26/15- 5:00 and 8:00 p.m.

Today was a most unusual and most enjoyable phenomenon: a two show Sunday!
For some reason, we will only have two shows on Sundays while we are in Phoenix. I think that is a fad that should catch on for the rest of the tour. Just sayin'....

I found an excellent spot to have breakfast through the Yelp app. The restaurant was called Snooze: An A.M. Eatery, and I could tell it was going to be good, because there was a huge crowd outside waiting to get in.
The host told me that it was over an hour wait for a table, so he suggested I find a seat at the bar since I was dining alone.
It only took several minutes before a seat opened up and I jumped on it.

Snooze's menu featured a variety of Benedicts; I had the Chilaquiles Benedict, which had barbacoa beef over a stack of ranchero sauced tortillas and melted cheese, with poached cage free eggs, roasted poblano hollandaise, pico de gallo and cotija cheese. Delish!

Right across the street from Snooze was a Half Price Books, so after a great meal and some book shopping, the only thing that could have made this Sunday better would have been only having to do one show!

Even though we didn't have three shows, we still had a motivational speech before the 8:00 p.m. performance.
The dancers gave out "The Brit Awards", and everyone who received an award won it for a funny reason completely opposite of their personality (i.e. Mira, who is very quiet and shy won an award for "Most Likely To Kill Someone" [although I figured I was in the running after my incident with Piolin]). I won "Most Lacking In Motivation", since I am the person who stared doing the Inspirational Speeches last year.

Our clown friend, Lance Brown, came to the second show tonight with a couple of his friends. I was sad that the audience was so quiet and reserved, since I like for our friends to see us really rock the crowd.
Lance did get to see this bit of impromptu comedy though....


video

After the show when Lance and his friends came up to get a picture with us, a couple of audience members went up to Lance and asked for his autograph.
After a minute we figured out that it was because they thought that he was Viśan from the Espana family.
I had to laugh, because I had thought the same thing when I saw Lance in the audience at one point.

Although I've never seen Viśan make that face.



4/27/15- 7:30 p.m.

Today Ryan and I went to a costume shop in downtown Phoenix to try and find some make up that Ryan is running low on.
The shop didn't have any in stock, but Ryan did pick up something to tide him over until our next make up order arrives in the mail.

I had a relaxing day at home, watching movies, reading, and playing video games. It was much needed.

After the show tonight Ryan and his family had me over for a Chinese dinner. They had visited a huge Asian market in the area, and Tatiana prepared many of the dim sum items that they had bought.

After eating, Ryan, Nico, and I perused an online catalog for an upcoming auction. Rick Baker, who is an amazing movie make up artist, is selling a lot of his old props and prothesises (I'm not sure if that is the correct plural).
I was most excited about pages 42-69, which feature items from my favorite movie, "Gremlins 2".
So......if anyone with thousands of dollars to spare would like to buy a nice gift for me sometime.....

http://www.propstore.com/content/rickbaker/InteractiveCatalog/index.html

No comments: