Saturday, April 4, 2015

Thursday, April 2 & Friday, April 3: Arlington, TX


4/2/15- 7:30 p.m.

I had a low key day at home except for a trip to pick up Easter goodies for Nico, Abrianna, and the cast.

We had a bigger, more enthusiastic crowd for tonight's show than we have had for the past few days, which made our job a heck of a lot easier.

By the end of the show, Ryan was worried because of an incident that happened during the beginning of the vacuum gag. While we are in the seats playing tag, Ryan was looking for me and picked up a bucket of popcorn to check if I was underneath it.
When he put it back down on the seat, it slipped out of his hands and spilled the majority of the popcorn onto the floor.
Ryan then tried to make a bit out of it, which made the people around him laugh, but it was tough to gauge the reaction of the couple that had bought the popcorn.

It turned out that Ryan had nothing to worry about because that same couple were the first two people in line to get a picture with us after the show.
And they didn't even try to vindictively stab us or anything!
I think that it is safe to say that they weren't too miffed about the accident.


4/3/15- 6:00 and 9:00 p.m.

During our days off in Arlington, Ryan and I found out about a new compound that we can coat our foam props with.
A shop that supplies the product is in Farmer's Branch, which is about 21 miles from Arlington. Today I set out to pick up a trial size sample of the compound before we shell out the big bucks for gallons of it.

I drove all the way to the shop only to find out that they were closed for Good Friday. I had completely forgotten about what day it was, and it never occurred to me to call ahead before wasting my time and fuel on a pointless trip.

The one positive from the trip was that I found an awesome restaurant nearby called the Twisted Root Burger Co.
Their menu promised a wide variety of game meats you could select instead of boring ol' beef.


The location I visited only had buffalo and buffison (buffalo and venison), so I ordered a buffison burger with chipotle sauce, goat cheese, and bacon. It was amazing! (But probably could have been even more amazing with beaver or kangaroo meat!)

We had small crowds for the two shows, but there was one highlight for me. Ryan's uncle, Mike, and cousin, Brandon, came to watch the first performance, and they brought two Xbox 360 video games for me to borrow.
Whoo hoo!

After work I got all gussied up and went to a belated birthday party for Laura, who just returned to the States this afternoon after being in England for the past week and a half sorting out her visa. 
Her boyfriend, Visan, arranged for the party to be in a event room at Redneck Heaven, a country themed bar and restaurant where the waitresses are all scantily clad. 
Marcos, our ringmaster, was commenting to me about the name of the restaurant, and I told him that the owners changed it to Redneck Heaven because its original name, Redneck Hell, drove away all of their potential clients.
I don't think he believed me.

When I wasn't making stupid jokes to Marcos, I spent the majority of the evening talking to Albia, who has been Laura's replacement in the swing act while we've been in Arlington.
In addition to performing several different aerial and acrobatic acts, she also loves clowning. I guess she wanted to have at least one job in the circus where she would be well respected.....

I had a great time at the party; I'm really glad Visan was able to get the event room for us since it was secluded from the loud craziness in the actual restaurant.


No comments: