Friday, April 17, 2015

Tuesday, April 14 & Wednesday, April 15: San Antonio, TX


4/14/15- 7:30 p.m.

Today I was able to run some errands, most important of which was taking care of my trailer tire that was punctured by a nail.
Of course, the nail just had to go into the rubber too close to the side of the tire, so the shop was not able to repair it.
I ended up buying a new tire as well as a new rim, because the mechanic mounting the tire noticed that my old rim was bent.

The Hogue family, our friends who graciously invited us into their home last week, came to see the show tonight.


Sandra made some of her heavenly chocolate chip pumpkin muffins for us. I first had them when they saw us on Kelly Miller three years ago, and I've been dying to have them again since then.

Also in the audience tonight were cast members from Circo Hermanos Vazquez's East Unit. They just finished up a run in nearby Austin, and they are on their way to Dallas for a month.
Between the Hogues and the Vazquez gang, the audience was incredibly enthusiastic.

After the show there was a barbecue to celebrate the two Units coming together, but I only made a brief appearance before heading home and scaring myself silly with "The Babadook", a horror movie I rented.


4/15/16- 7:30 p.m.

Today I joined Ryan and his family for a trip to the Riverwalk in downtown San Antonio.
During my previous three visits to San Antonio with Ringling, I always enjoyed walking, dining, and shopping along the San Antonio River, especially since the Riverwalk was right next to the Alamodome, the arena we played.


Probably my favorite part of the Riverwalk this time around was all of the different ducks I saw! (Is anyone surprised?)

Our sound guy, Luis, and his wife met us for lunch at The County Line, a barbecue restaurant.
After eating, we all went on a boat ride along the river. It was nice to rest my feet while taking in the sights, but our boat driver either had a terrible sound system, or he was trying to eat the microphone.

video

We were disappointed because we were genuinely interested in knowing more about the area.
At the conclusion of the ride, Ryan went to tell the guy at the ticket office about the sound problem, and the man became instantly defensive and was a real jerk about the whole thing.
I guess he thought Ryan was trying to get a refund, but Ryan just wanted to let the guy know that they could make an easy fix to improve the quality of their ride.

Regardless of garbled information, we all had a grand ol' time on the San Antonio Riverwalk today.


Tonight our performer friends, Rik Gern and Peter Hinrichs, came down from Austin to see our show. 
Rik is a former Ringling clown, and Peter is a magician better known to the Austin area as Peter the Adequate. 
After work they treated me to dinner, and we had a great time catching up until almost 2:00 a.m.

No comments: