Sunday, April 26, 2015

Wednesday, April 22 & Thursday, April 23: Phoenix, AZ


4/22/15- Day Off!

Crossing over two time zones into Phoenix really threw my sleep schedule for a loop. I kept waking up ungodly early, and then forcing myself to go back to sleep until a more reasonable hour.

I was able to do my laundry today close to the lot, and I also got a truck problem fixed at the O'Reilley's next door.
The casing for my air filter was coming loose, but it only took the O'Reilley's employee two seconds to fix it.

As I was out and about running errands, a lesson that I've learned during this tour was reinforced to me: people do not know how to drive in a mall parking lot.
Some genius almost crashed right into me because he didn't understand the concept of a four way stop. In fact, he completely ignored the stop sign as I was turning left in front of him; it is a wonder we didn't collide.

This afternoon Ryan and I were able to finish up work on our budget for next year, and then we walked around the Desert Sky Mall, which is where the circus is set up for the next week and a half.

I decided to have dinner at Cooperstown, a restaurant owned by rock legend Alice Cooper. It is right across the street from the arena that I used to play with Ringling, so we clowns would frequent it during our time in Phoenix.

I wasn't too impressed this time around. The one thing I remembered from Cooperstown were the Wings of Mass Destruction, which were some insanely hot wings that we paid one of the clowns a lot of money to eat.
That caused me to remember the restaurant as a wing joint, which really put me in the mood for wings, but they were just one of the items on the appetizer menu.
My food was ok, but nothing to write home about. I suppose if I was an Alice Cooper fan I would have at least enjoyed all the decor.




4/23/15- Day Off!

Ryan and I were supposed to have a UNIVISION publicity this afternoon, but it was canceled, which was excellent news for us.

I had lunch at an excellent cafe called the Wildflower Bread Co; I had an amazing roast beef and gorgonzola sandwich. 

Before heading back to the lot I stocked up on groceries at Trader Joe's (sorry JeffSchott).

Back at the lot Ryan and I finally completed the first draft of one of our new gags, and then I went to dinner with one of my clown friends, Lance Brown.

Lance is the youngest graduate of the Ringling Clown College (he went in the school's final year), and he was one of my favorite road clowns when I was a teenager.
It was nice to be able to spend some time with him, since we had only talked briefly before during his second stint with Ringling in the past several years.

No comments: