Monday, May 25, 2015

Friday, May 22 & Saturday, May 23: El Paso, TX


5/22/15- 6:00 and 9:00 p.m.

Today I took my truck to a shop to get an oil change, and then I spent the afternoon enjoying the nice weather and walking around an outdoor shopping plaza.
Before heading back to the lot I picked up a birthday present for Marcos Espana.

Last week Martin announced that he'd like to have an International Night where everyone could bring meals from their native countries.
Since I didn't want to bring hot dogs from America, I teamed up with Ryan and Tatiana to make meatballs (since Ryan is part Italian).
We spent all afternoon making the meatballs, and sauce with Italian sausage and short ribs. It was so difficult not to eat everything as soon as it was finished; the food looked and smelled so delicious!

Ryan and I tried playing everything bigger in our gags for the shows tonight. I haven't played a gag that big since I left Ringling; it is tiring work!

Matt Salgado came to the 9:00 p.m. show with his friends, so it was nice to have some support from the crowd since not as many people came to the later show.


After work we had the International Night barbecue/birthday party for Marcos. I really enjoyed trying all of the different dishes: Italy, England, Mexico, Chile, Hungary, and the Czech republic were all represented (I'm probably forgetting a few countries), and everything tasted so good!


5/23/15- 6:00 and 9:00 p.m.

I spent a lazy day in bed watching the first season of the television series, "Sons of Anarchy", so I was more in the mood to fight than to make people laugh for our shows!

After shaving in the afternoon I noticed that my face was very dry, so I put on some moisturizer before making up.
Bad idea!
After the water gag Ryan noticed that a good portion of my white make up had come off, leaving me looking like the Joker in the first Batman film.

Ok, maybe not EXACTLY...

After it happened I remembered that the same thing happened to me last year in New York City. In fact, I'm pretty sure I made the same lame Joker joke.
Those who don't learn history (and lessons about moisturizing before putting on clown make up) are doomed to repeat it!

We did big business for the first show, and we had a crazy amount of people that wanted to take pictures with us after the show. Luckily I had fixed my make up by then.

In the second water gag I had a huge string of drool hanging from my mouth at a point in the gag where I am standing still and staring at Ryan in disbelief.
Marcos Valdes, our ringmaster, saw that and started cracking up, which caused me and Ryan to crack up as well.
It was all over after that, as the three of us couldn't stop laughing for the rest of the gag. Luckily it was right at the end of the act.

No comments: