Thursday, May 21, 2015

Monday, May 18 & Tuesday, May 19: Tucson, AZ & El Paso, TX


5/18/15- 7:30 p.m.

This morning Ryan and I made a trip to Home Depot to buy a new piece of lumber for the carpenter gag.
The board that we have been using for a couple of years developed a thick crack on one end, so we needed to get the supplies to replace it before it breaks during the show.
We've been very rough on props in this town!

My brother, Trent, came to see our final performance in Tucson with his friend, Willie.
We had a big, enthusiastic crowd for the last show, which seems to be the norm for every city.

Laura went into the motorcycle act tonight. She has been practicing with her boyfriend, Viśan, for awhile now, and she did a great job for her grand debut.
Many of us from the cast were watching from the stairways and showing our support.

Natalya also returned to the dog act this evening. She was pregnant for the beginning of the tour, but two weeks ago she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, and she wasted no time in returning to the ring.

After loading out our props, we had to wait for awhile to leave because we were parked behind several trailers.
Once Ryan was able to move, Nestor brought over a fork lift to move my trailer's hitch over enough so that I could hook up my truck.
Otherwise I would have been waiting around for much longer, because the España family, who were parked in front of me, have a lot of work they have to do on load out.

Finally around 12:30 a.m. we were able to hit the road. We drove about forty miles before stopping at a Walmart for the night to get some sleep.

I didn't get to bed until after 3:00 a.m., because Viśan lent me the television series, "Sons of Anarchy", and I got caught up watching the first few episodes.



5/19/15- Travel Day To El Paso, TX

Ryan and I were on the road by 9:00 a.m. to El Paso. We had only done a small portion of the 320 mile jump last night, so it took us until mid afternoon to get there.

We are playing the County Coliseum in El Paso, and after a quick walk around the arena, I decided that the area was a little too sketchy for my tastes, and I spent the evening at home.
The nice thing was that we were able to plug into city power, which saved me from running my generator all night.

Ryan and I took advantage of the nice evening and sanded down our new board for the carpenter gag until all the edges were rounded.


We were also able to prime the wood and get one side completely painted before we called it a night.

No comments: