Friday, May 8, 2015

Monday, May 4 & Tuesday, May 5: Phoenix and Mesa, AZ


5/4/15- 7:30 p.m.

I had lunch at a little sushi restaurant today. The food was ok; it was really nothing to write home about though.

Today's weather was beautiful. After the temperature being in the high nineties and low one hundreds for the past several days, today's temperature in the eighties felt amazing.
Instead of going out and enjoying the weather, I spent all day at home resting for our show and night jump to the next town.

The audience for our final show in Phoenix was probably the best of the run, size and response wise. It's always good to end with a bang!

While Ryan and I were packing up our props during Intermission, Viśan asked why we have a prop that looks like Ryan's head.
Ryan said, "In the carpenter gag when I fall in the box with the saw, my head flies out", to which Viśan replied, "That's f***ed up!".
He must be related to that angry couple who complained to us in Miami last year....

My trailer was packed up, and I was ready to leave around 10:00 p.m., but I had to wait for quite awhile before I could.
All of the trailers were parked tightly by the side of the tent, but once the ticket office and Viśan moved there was a path cleared that gave most of us enough room to exit.
I just had to wait on Carmelo to leave before I could move, because the turn I needed to make was too tight with his house right next to mine.

I was finally able to leave the lot right before 1:00 a.m., and my first stop was at a Flying J truck stop just one exit away on the Interstate.
After taking advantage of the RV dump station, I was back on the road; I completed the 27 mile jump to the Fiesta Mall in Mesa in no time.


5/5/15- Day Off!

I was able to get my trailer parked around 11:00 a.m. this morning, and after getting my house set up and showering, I visited a nearby brunch spot called Crackers & Co.
The restaurant was highly rated by Zagat, and I was able to see why after eating a delicious Southwestern Benedict, which had chorizo and chipotle hollandaise sauce accompanying the usual poached eggs and English muffin.

In the evening I was able to go out with my friends, Stephen and Sarah Smith. Stephen and Sarah are both clowns, and Stephen holds a Guinness World Record for the longest amount of time standing on a rolling globe.
They took me to a sushi restaurant in Chandler, AZ where the sushi goes around on a conveyor belt, and you pick out what you want as it passes by.
Each plate contained two pieces of sushi, and it was only $2 a plate. I was impressed with the quality and variety of the sushi for the low price. By the end of the evening the three of us had amassed quite a stack of plates.

Back at the circus we sat in the mall parking lot and watched the big top go up as we visited and caught up some more.

2 comments:

Yanko Artidiello said...

Hehe, Visan is a riot. I remember that gag with the flying head you guys do. Parents getting upset over bits like that are silly, considering the nature of yours and Ryan's performance. Do you still get complaints about it?

Steve Copeland said...

That is the only public complaint we've gotten about it.
We had a couple of parents get mad at us about the saw in the face on Kelly Miller.

Steve