Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Saturday, May 16 & Sunday, May 17: Tucson, AZ


5/16/15- 6:00 and 9:00 p.m.

Today I went out to pick up a new feather duster for the vacuum gag. The one we've been using for over a year finally fell apart last night, and Ryan and I were laughing about the fact that we waited so long to replace a prop we could buy at virtually any store.

After spending $10 on a new feather duster (Ryan: "$10 for a feather duster! It better get a lot of laughs!"), I headed to downtown Tucson.
I had lunch at a burger restaurant called Lindy's on Fourth, which was featured on the television program Man Vs. Food because of this menu item:


I passed on that challenge, and instead I had a burger labeled on the menu as the Kush. It had raspberry preserves, green chilies, bleu cheese crumbles and bacon, and it was Ah-Maz-Ing.

After my hearty meal I took a long walk through downtown, and I also ventured over to the arena where I performed with Ringling.
Considering it was just a few blocks from the heart of Tucson, I'm very surprised that I never explored downtown the last two times I was here. That is definitely a loss on my part.

We had another full house for the 6:00 p.m. performance, and the audience was simply wonderful. Tucson is shaping up to be my favorite stop on the tour thus far!


5/17/15- 2:00, 5:00, and 8:00 p.m.

This morning I joined Sammie, Emma, and her friend, Phoebe, for breakfast at Ghini's French Cafe.
Phoebe met Emma when they were working together in India, and she is currently on break from Circo Tihany, where she performs as a dancer.

We did good business for the shows today, especially for the 5:00 p.m. performance. We've been spoiled for the past three weeks doing only two shows on Sunday, so it was a little strange adding another performance back into our routine.

After finale three stage crew members run into the ring to pull half of the carpet away before we start taking pictures with the audience.
The first show I chased after them as they ran with the carpet, and for the second show I did the same thing; however, I ran a little too fast, and one of my feet landed on the carpet as they were still pulling it.
I wiped out and landed flat on my back, much to the amusement of Ryan, Jose Alberto, Alexa, and the dancers.
I am very happy that my body reacted as quickly as it did, because I did not hurt myself at all. I was incredibly embarrassed though, and my pride took quite a bruising

Marcos, our ringmaster, gave tonight's third show motivational speech, and it was very bittersweet, because he will be leaving the show after this next week in El Paso.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you guys happen to take a "selfie" with anyone during any shows in Tucson?

Tejano said...

Sometimes a selfie is just a selfie.....