Saturday, May 2, 2015

Tuesday, April 28 & Wednesday, April 29: Phoenix, AZ


4/28/15- 7:30 p.m.

Today I met Doug Boyd for lunch at the Olive Garden next to the lot. Doug was a clown for three years with Ringling's Blue Unit, and then he went on to build props at Clown College, tour as a clown on Clyde Beatty, act as general manager on both the Blue and Red Units of Ringling, and work as technical director for Cirque Du Soliel's "Love".
As you can guess, we had plenty to talk about!

Besides my lunch outing, I spent another low key day at home.

We had a small crowd for the show tonight, and they were not responsive at all; they didn't even give Carmelo the time of day.
It was very surprising then when everyone got huge cheers from the audience in finale.

After the show the cast gathered in the ring to film a video for Facebook wishing everyone a "Feliz Dia Del Nino" (Day Of The Kid), which falls on April 30 and is a big deal in Mexico.
Everyone had to wear foam clown noses, which knocked them all down to me and Ryan's level. That'll learn 'em!


4/29/15- 7:30 p.m.

This morning I went to Encanto Park in downtown Phoenix. The park had a golf course, a fishing pond, and even a small amusement park.

Naturally my favorite part of the park was the ducks and geese. I got to see some adorable baby goslings (while keeping my distance so I wouldn't have to be chased by angry, protective geese parents).


I also got to see two male ducks fighting over a female duck. That was worth my whole trip, and it gave me many valuable tips for future dating attempts.

Tonight when I came back to the men's dressing room from the water gag, everyone was amused to see that I had a bee on my baggy pants attempting to sting me in the butt.
Ryan and I made the joke that the bee was willing to end his life by losing his stinger rather than have to watch more of our comedy.

After the performance Alexa asked us to film another Facebook video with her announcing the winners of some free tickets to the shows in Phoenix.

No comments: