Saturday, May 30, 2015

Tuesday, May 26-Thursday, May 28: Salt Lake City, UT


5/26- Travel Day To Salt Lake City

We left the Walmart parking lot where we spent the night around 10:00 a.m., and then we drove the final 700 miles to Salt Lake City.

New Mexico, Colorado, and Utah had such beautiful scenery. Utah in particular had amazing red rock formations.


I recognized many sights from when I took a road trip with Scott Myers, who played guitar on the Ringling band, from Colorado Springs to Las Vegas. We visited Arches National Park, which we passed by on this trip, and we also spent some time in the cool town of Moab, which we drove right through today.

We did hit a lot of mountain driving once we crossed into Utah, but the only part that scared us was the last mountain we encountered.
The main reason was because we hit it during the nighttime, so our visibility was more limited. Also, it was drizzling rain just enough to be annoying, and all the semi trucks were speeding past us and honking their horns because we were taking our time going down the steep roads.

We finally got to the lot after 2:00 a.m., and I was absolutely exhausted. I got into bed and fell asleep almost instantly.


5/27- Day Off!

Ryan and I were two of maybe six trailers that were early arrivers to the lot. I was happy that it worked out in our favor, as we were parked fairly quickly in the morning.

Once I got my house set up I headed to downtown Salt Lake City. I visited the area by the arena, which I remembered from my Ringling days.

First I had a fantastic sushi lunch at Happy Sumo, which was located in an outdoor mall next to the arena.

I then walked over to Temple Square, where the Mormon temple and Tabernacle are located.




All of the Mormons around the square were so welcoming and helpful.
I got information about catching a performance of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and I told several Sisters about my job in the circus.

I had such a nice day walking around downtown. After I finished at Temple Square I just wandered around and checked out anything that struck my fancy.

Like this falling astronaut!


5/28- Day Off!

I don't have much to say about today. I went grocery shopping, watched "Sons of Anarchy", and played a new video game that I bought.

At times I felt like I should have gone out and explored downtown more, but we are here for two weeks, which means I actually have a chance to breathe and see the sights a little, and I also reasoned that there was nothing wrong with actually resting on a day off.

A beautiful shot of the circus after a storm taken by Mira.

No comments: