Thursday, June 18, 2015

Monday, June 15 & Tuesday, June 16: Denver, CO

6/15/15- 7:30 p.m.

This morning I checked out a breakfast restaurant called Sassafrass that several Denver natives had highly recommended to me.
My breakfast was alright, but not as amazing as I expected it to be. They do have a great menu though, so I plan to return and try something else that might meet my high expectations.

Besides going out for breakfast I had a lazy day at home; the three shows yesterday in the Mile High City really kicked my butt.

Ryan and I were slated for a big television publicity at 5:00 p.m., and we were told to be ready at 4:30 p.m.
Two hours before that Eddie came and knocked on our doors asking if we could be ready in 40 minutes.
Denver was expecting some severe thunderstorms, and the news station wanted to come early to film some segments in case the weather disrupted the live news feed during the 5:00 p.m. broadcast. 

Ryan and I headed over to the tent shortly after 3:00 p.m., and we filmed a couple of thirty second teases with the walkaround props we keep on tour for just such an occasion.

After filming our pieces, we then waited around in the tent until the 5:00 p.m. broadcast happened. There was no severe weather, and the program went off without a hitch. 
Ryan and I only passed clubs behind the reporters during the final segment.

After finishing our television publicity, we had about a thirty minute break before our second PR of the day, which thankfully was a quick one.

The daughter of the president of the UNIVISION network was celebrating her 10th birthday at the circus.
Ryan and I went to the circus’ concessions tent to wish her a happy birthday and take a picture with her and her friends.

The show’s generator kept dying during the afternoon, which was embarrassing enough when it happened during the live television broadcast, and even more so when the power shut off during Intermission. 
What made it worse was that cast and crew from Cirque Du Soliel "Kurios" were in the crowd watching the performance.

After work there was a belated birthday party in the concessions area for Adriano, who is the boss of the stage crew.
The get together also served as a social opportunity for everyone on our show to visit more with our new friends from Kurios.

Ryan, Carmelo, and I spent most of the evening hanging out with Facundo, the clown from "Kurios".



Carmelo's interpretation of our visit


6/16/15- 7:30 p.m.

This morning I went to get a hair cut, and then I met my friend, Dana, in the RiNo (River North) district.
We had great coffee at Crema, and then we had amazing tacos at Los Chingones (tee hee).
I had a salmon ceviche taco, a beef and pepper avocado taco, and a white fish and mango chutney taco. Incredible!

Back at the lot I had a productive afternoon catching up on the blog and giving my house a much needed cleaning and organizing.

After the show this evening Ryan and I were talking with a family that said they were in town with the carnival.

Sure enough, when I went for a walk after work I saw that there were several trailers and sleepers parked close to the Coliseum, along with a truck advertising “Crabtree Amusements”.

No comments: