Thursday, June 25, 2015

Monday, June 22: Denver, CO


6/22/15- 7:30 p.m.

This morning I went to do laundry. I should have known I was in for some trouble when I saw that 70% of the washers were out of order.
I loaded my clothes into two working machines, but when I started them up, one of them didn't have any water.
I waited a minute to see if the water would start flowing, but my clothes just began tumbling dry, except for the detergent I poured into the top.

Unfortunately it was a front loading washer, which meant that the door locked as soon as I put the last quarter in. What made things even more frustrating was that there was no attendant on duty.
I started calling the laundromat in case there was someone in the office that I couldn't see, but a few minutes later the owner came strolling in.

I alerted him of the problem, and instead of just shutting off the machine so I could swap my clothes over, he stood in front of the washer for a good five minutes and just stared at the window, as if his gaze would will the machine to start working properly.

Finally he realized that he now had 71% of his washers that were out of order, so he cut the power to that machine and gave me quarters to properly wash my clothes.
Luckily there were no further problems.

While I was drying my clothes I walked around to find lunch. After eating I stopped by a business that caught my eye: a doughnut shop called the Fractured Prune.
It was a create your own doughnut shop; the doughnuts are made fresh when you order, and then you choose your glaze and topping.
In addition, they have a menu of popular creations to choose from.

In the afternoon there was a Circo Hermanos Vazquez vs. Cirque Du Soliel soccer game at the park right next to our lot.
I'm happy to say that our circus won 5-1, although it isn't too surprising considering our Latin American roots.
It's a good thing we weren't playing Cirque in an ice hockey game.

Another big group of crew members and performers came to see us from Kurios this evening.


After work we had a fantastic barbecue for our two shows. Cirque even brought over their chef, who was cooking lamb! It's nice to see how the other half lives.
I had such a nice time talking to everyone; I'm so happy that our two shows are able to have such great visits with each other.
I look forward to seeing all of them again when we get to Chicago.


No comments: