Sunday, June 7, 2015

Thursday, June 4 & Friday, June 5: Salt Lake City, UT


6/4/15- 7:30 p.m.

Today I had lunch at Crown Burger. I went because I needed to try a Utah phenomenon known as fry sauce.
I first heard about it at an In-N-Out burger in Dallas, TX. A woman was complaining loudly to anyone who would listen about how the establishment did not have any fry sauce, and how she couldn't wait to get back to Utah where she could get some.

Fry sauce is essentially ketchup and mayonnaise mixed together, but I have heard of some restaurants adding pickle juice to the mixture.

I got some fry sauce in a little cup to dip my fries into; it wasn't anything amazing, but now I can say I've had it.
My burger was very good, though; the Crown Burger has pastrami on top of all the usual burger accouterments.

Tonight during the show I was messing around in the seats at the beginning of the water gag. I had climbed the stairs to the upper bowl, and I had just taken a step to send myself careening down the stairs "out of control".
As soon as I turned to look where I was going, I saw that I was on a collision course with a man going to his seat.
I grabbed the man in a bear hug and spun myself around him. I quickly put my feet on the step below and braced us so we wouldn't both tumble down the stairs.
I'm very lucky that it was a man instead of a woman, because in the scuffle I grabbed firmly onto his chest.

He didn't call me later like he promised....

The audience didn't seem to care for us at all during the water gag (maybe it was because of my manhandling of one of their own), and their reaction to our other gags was tepid at best.
Boy were we surprised when we got a huge cheer from the people when we took our bow during finale.


5/5/15- 6:00 and 9:00 p.m.

This afternoon I joined Ryan and his family on a trip to Salt Lake City's Chinatown, which is comprised of one small shopping area.
We had lunch at the plaza's restaurant, and then we went shopping in the Asian supermarket.

We had much smaller crowds for the shows tonight than we've grown accustomed to during our run here in Salt Lake City. I was pretty disappointed in their size and response.

While we were taking pictures after one of the shows, a little boy stood at Ryan's feet, between his legs, while he waited for his family to be ready to take a photo with us.
The boy stood there for a very long time, and Ryan cracked me up when he said, "I feel like an emperor penguin."


No comments: