Friday, June 5, 2015

Tuesday, June 02 & Wednesday, June 03: Salt Lake City, UT


6/2/15- 7:30 p.m.

This afternoon I went to Trolley Square, a downtown area east of the place I explored last week.
I mainly wanted to check out a book store in the Square, and after doing that I took a walk west to the Center City district.

Salt Lake City Hall

I found a good sandwich shop, The Robin's Nest, for lunch, and I also got a cup of coffee from the Salt Lake Roasting Company.

We had another big, enthusiastic crowd for the show tonight. After finale, while we were taking picture in the ring, a woman came up to us with an apprehensive little girl in her arms.
The mother ignored us the whole time she was around us to take a picture; she talked about us to her daughter in a nonstop, seemingly stream of consciousness barrage in Spanish.
"Look at the little clowns. Aren't they cute? They're not scary. That clown has an ear."

The last statement struck Ryan and I as particularly funny. Ryan wanted to reply, "Well, yeah, lady. My name is Ryan, not Van Goh."

Meanwhile the father of the little girl stood off to the side. We invited him to join the picture, but he declined with the attitude that taking a picture with us was beneath him.
Noting the man's polka dot shirt, I thought to myself, "No, I only dress like a clown. I'm not getting a picture taken with them."


6/3/15- 7:30 p.m.

This morning I picked up Emma from her hotel, and the two of us spent the day in downtown. She hadn't seen much of Salt Lake City since we arrived, so I took her to some of the points of interest I had already visited, mainly the Temple Square area.
We had a great lunch at a cafe and bakery, and it was so nice walking around and enjoying the beautiful weather.
Our legs were mighty sore by showtime, though.

We had yet another great crowd for the show tonight. During Intermission severe thunderstorms in the area sent some scary wind our way.
Ryan and I had to hold off on cleaning the water mat because the wind was blowing directly into the backstage tent, and it sent dirt and sawdust all over everything.

Gusts of winds up to 71 miles per hour had been recorded in neighboring cities; We didn't get anything quite that strong, but my trailer took a pummeling while I was inside during the start of the second half.

Luckily by the end of the show all the dark, storm clouds had passed.

No comments: