Friday, July 3, 2015

Sunday, June 28 & Monday, June 29: Denver, CO


6/28/15- 2:00, 5:00, and 8:00 p.m.

This morning Emma and I had breakfast at the Denver Biscuit Company. I had eaten there earlier in the week, and I couldn't wait to go back.
My meal was just as delicious as it was the last time, and even though there was a crowd waiting to get seated, we didn't have to wait too terribly long to get a table.

During the first performance the sky clouded over, which made the temperature in the tent much more bearable.
Sadly, I used a lot of energy in the first show instead of pacing myself, and I was worn out by the 5:00 p.m. performance.

I gave the third show motivational speech today. I read an article from a book that our friend, Mark Renfro, sent us called "The Imagineering Way", which is full of essays about inspiration and creativity written by the Imagineers, the visionaries behind Walt Disney theme park attractions.
The selection I chose dealt with getting out of your ruts, which can be a difficult thing to do when so much of our job depends on doing the same thing day after day, performance after performance.



6/29/15- 7:30 p.m.

Today I spent my time either preparing my truck and trailer for travel, or resting up for our jump.

We had a big crowd for our final show in Denver. Business was great for our closing days in this city.
Our juggler friend, Reid, caught our last performance with a couple of his friends.

Ryan and I were able to hit the road about an hour after the show ended. We were able to hook up our trucks to our trailers during the afternoon, which helped us leave the lot faster than we normally would have.

We drove about 200 miles before stopping at a Walmart in Nebraska, but it was too small for us to spend the night in its parking lot.
We drove another 70 miles before finding a Walmart with a humongous parking lot.

Unfortunately we crossed a time zone on the drive, so by the time I got to bed it was already 5:30 a.m.

No comments: