Saturday, July 11, 2015

Wednesday, July 8 & Thursday, July 9: Kansas City, MO


7/8/15- Day Off!

Ryan and I were able to get our trailers parked shortly after we woke up this morning. As soon as I got my house settled I called my friend, Rex Nolen, and he came to pick me up and take me to lunch at a nearby barbecue restaurant.
Rex was one of my instructors at Moosecamp, the clown school I attended in the summers of 2000 and 2001. We realized we hadn't seen each other in 14 years, so we had plenty of catching up to do.

After Rex dropped me back off at the lot I headed out to run errands. I did laundry and got my hair cut; in the same plaza as the salon I visited there was a Half Price Books, so of course I had to stop in there!
I had dinner before heading back to the lot. It was a good thing I spent all day out on the town, because when I got back around 9:00 p.m. there was still no power or water for us to hook up to.



7/9/15- Day Off!

This morning Ryan and I had a quick and easy television publicity with Alexa. We simply filmed an interview with the local UNIVISION station in front of the ticket wagon, and then we passed clubs around the reporter for one quick hit.
The time it took us to get ready was far longer than the amount of time we spent on camera.

There were two more Half Price Books in the area that I hadn't visited yet, so I made that my first priority after getting out of make up.

I then drove north of Kansas City to visit Zona Rosa, an outdoor shopping plaza that Casey took me to for my 27th birthday.
I was hoping to eat at an amazing Irish pub that we visited back then, but unfortunately it had since closed down.

While I was walking around Zona Rosa I got a call from Rex Nolen, and he told me that the Irish Pub, called O'Dowd's Little Dublin, was now located in a different part of Kansas City.

Rex picked me up in the evening, and we went to have dinner at O'Dowd's. I was able to have boxty, an Irish potato pancake stuffed with meat, which is the main reason I wanted to visit this particular restaurant.
It is near impossible to find boxty at the Irish pubs I run across on tour, so I am always thrilled when it is on the menu.

After dinner Rex drove me around downtown to point out different points of interest, and to give me some history on different areas of the city.

No comments: