Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Saturday, August 22- Monday, August 24: Chicago, IL


8/22/15- 6:00 and 9:00 p.m.

Ryan and I worked on Pompeyo's dog props for awhile before the shows this evening.
Both shows were fairly uneventful.

Natalya Pompeyo was having her birthday party tonight, but I skipped out because I had to wake up super early in the morning.
I was very tempted to go since it was right outside my house and everyone was enjoying Giordano's deep dish pizza, but I knew I needed to get as much sleep as possible.


8/23/15- 2:00, 5:00, and 8:00 p.m.

I woke up this morning at 6:30 a.m. so I could drive to Rosemont to pick up my girlfriend, Pamela, at the airport.

I didn't want to deal with driving into O'Hare, so I parked nearby and took the train to the airport. I met up with Pamela, and we took the train back to my truck.

This was the first time Pamela and I have seen each other in seven years. She saw me perform when I was working in Myrtle Beach.
She has had a crush on me since then, and we just connected online recently. Things sort of took off from there!

I was absolutely worn out for the three shows after getting so little sleep last night.

Before the final performance I gave "Third Show Communion" to the cast using Oreos and milk instead of bread and wine.

A lot of folks from Carson & Barnes Circus, which is set up nearby, came to watch the 8:00 p.m. performance.
It was nice to get to see everyone after the show; I didn't realize how many friends we have working on Carson!


8/24/15- 7:30 p.m.

This morning Pamela and I set out to go enjoy our day, but when I turned the key in my truck's ignition, the battery was dead.
I wasn't sure what had happened, because I didn't leave any lights on, and my doors were fully closed.

Luckily Ryan and Tatiana gave me a jump with their truck when they returned from running errands.

I took Pamela to Giordano's for one of their famous deep dish pizzas. She has been to Chicago before, but had never visited Giordano's.

When we went to leave, my truck wouldn't start again! When I got the jump from Ryan and Tatiana I let my truck run for a long time so the battery could fully charge, but apparently that did nothing to help.

I checked my phone to see if there was an auto parts store nearby, but the closest one was a few miles away.
I tried turning on the truck again, and after a few cranks and a few presses on the gas pedal, I was able to get the engine to start.

I drove to an auto parts store and promptly purchased a new battery. However, I couldn't remove the old battery to get the new one installed.
One of the terminals was so old and rusted that I couldn't loosen it enough to get it off the old battery.

By this point I had had enough with vehicular tomfoolery for the day, so I tried my little trick again to start up the truck, and we headed back to the lot.

There I enlisted the help of Martin, who had the proper tools to get the terminals removed. Once we got the new battery installed, my truck fired up with no problem.
I guess it was just time for that battery to retire; I had been using it since I bought the truck from Nikki in 2011.

I had a great performance tonight. Pamela got to see me perform, and Ryan's former partner, Sam Brown, watched the show with his wife, Andrea.

After the show Ryan and Tatiana had me, Pamela, Sam, and Andrea over to their house for a delicious pasta and meatballs dinner.

2 comments:

Greg Micchales said...

Nice to see your back in action. Enjoy your next run of shows in Maryland. By the way are you guys going to be going further east say NJ?
Greg

Steve Copeland said...

That's the rumor. I don't have any concrete dates yet.

Steve